Effective date 10/01/2023
N.Y GOLD AND DIAMOND EXCHANGE
13 SPRING STREET STE:101
STAMFORD, CT 06901
Dear Clients & All others,
Below is our store policy, by doing business with us it is your duty to be aware of all our Policies. Please do read the Following at your own due Diligence.
We understand that sometimes a purchase may not meet your expectations. However, please note that we do not accept returns beyond a strict 7-day window from the date of purchase. No exceptions will be made. This policy is in place to maintain fairness for all our valued customers. For returns to be accepted, the item(s) must be returned in an unworn condition, accompanied by the original packaging and the original receipt. Please be aware that we retain the right to deny returns if these requirements are not met.
All approved returns will be issued refunds to the original payment method used for the purchase.
At N.Y. Gold and Diamond Exchange we value your trust and are committed to providing exceptional service when you trade in precious metals and gemstones. Please review our return policy carefully to understand our procedures regarding trade-ins.
1. Trade-In Finalization:
Once you have completed a trade-in of precious metals or gemstones, the transaction is considered final. We will not entertain any requests for returns or refunds of these items.
2. in-Store Credit Only:
Instead of refunds or payments, we offer in-store credit for the exact amount of the trade-in value at the time of Trade in. This credit can be used for future purchases at N.Y. Gold & Diamond Exchange. It is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or any other form of payment.
3. Inspection and Authentication:
All precious metals and gemstones submitted for trade-in are subject to thorough inspection and authentication by our experts. We take utmost care to ensure the accuracy of what we consider to be the trade-in value.
4. Condition of Items:
Items submitted for trade-in should be in the same condition as presented during the initial evaluation. Any alteration or damage may affect the trade-in value or eligibility.
5. Expiry of In-Store Credit:
In-store credit issued as part of a trade-in is valid for a specified period, usually [90 days]. Please be sure to use the credit within this timeframe, as it will expire after that.
Our return policy may not apply to certain exceptional circumstances. These include instances where a trade-in was based on incorrect information or if we made an error during the evaluation process. In such cases, we will work with you to address the issue.
Repairs & Maintenance
At N.Y. Gold & Diamond Exchange, we take pride in providing quality repair and maintenance services for your jewelry. However, it's essential to understand our policies and limitations regarding these services. Please read our policy carefully before entrusting your jewelry to us.
1. Repair Assessment:
- We do not guarantee that all requested repairs and maintenance work can be completed. Our skilled jewelers will assess the feasibility and difficulty of each job.
2. Client Communication:
- If we determine that a repair cannot be completed as intended, we will promptly contact the client to discuss the situation and explore alternative solutions.
3. Responsibility upon Departure:
- Once your jewelry has left our premises after repair or maintenance work, N.Y. Gold & Diamond Exchange is no longer responsible for any damage, loss, or other issues that may occur.
4. Payment Requirement:
- All repair and maintenance fees must be paid in full when picking up the item. We cannot release the merchandise without full payment.
5. Unclaimed Repairs:
- Repaired items left unclaimed for a period exceeding 180 days will be considered forfeited. Under no circumstances will credit or merchandise be issued for these items.
6. Turnaround Time:
- Our standard turnaround time for repairs is 2-4 weeks, but this may vary depending on the complexity of the work and the current workload.
7. Pick-up Authorization:
- For security and verification purposes, only the individual who originally dropped off the jewelry for repair is authorized to pick up the item. We may request identification to confirm the identity of the individual picking up the item. This addition helps ensure that the right person retrieves the jewelry upon completion of the repair, enhancing the security and accountability of the process.
Proper care and maintenance are essential to preserve the beauty and longevity of your precious jewelry pieces. Whether you own gold, silver, platinum, or gemstone jewelry, follow these guidelines to keep them looking stunning for generations to come:
- Gently clean your gold and platinum jewelry with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove dirt and oils.
- For more thorough cleaning, create a solution of mild dish soap and warm water. Soak the jewelry for a few minutes, then use a soft brush (a paint works well) to gently scrub away debris. Rinse with clean water and pat dry with a soft cloth.
- Clean silver jewelry with a special silver cleaning cloth or a silver polishing solution. Avoid using abrasive materials that can scratch the metal.
- To prevent tarnish, store silver jewelry in an airtight container or a tarnish-resistant pouch.
- Gemstones vary in hardness, so it's essential to treat them individually.
- For most gemstones, clean with a soft, damp cloth and mild soap. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials.
- Opals, pearls, and turquoise are delicate; avoid exposing them to prolonged moisture, heat, or chemicals.
- For diamonds and sapphires, periodic ultrasonic cleaning by a professional jeweler can restore their sparkle.
- Store your jewelry pieces separately to prevent scratches and tangling.
- Consider using jewelry boxes with individual compartments, soft pouches, or anti-tarnish bags to protect them from dust and oxidation.
3. Wear with Care:
- Remove jewelry before engaging in activities that may expose it to chemicals, such as swimming, cleaning, or applying beauty products.
- Avoid wearing jewelry while doing strenuous activities or tasks that could lead to damage or loss.
- Put jewelry on after applying perfumes, lotions, and hairspray to prevent chemical buildup.
4. Regular Inspections:
- Periodically inspect your jewelry for loose stones or signs of wear and tear.
- If you notice any issues, consult a professional jeweler for repairs.
5. Professional Maintenance:
- It's advisable to have your jewelry professionally cleaned and inspected by a jeweler annually, especially for pieces with complex settings or valuable gemstones.
- They can check for loose stones, prong wear, and other potential problems.
By following these care guidelines, you can ensure that your gold, silver, platinum, and gemstone jewelry remain radiant and cherished for years to come. Remember that each piece is unique, so consult your jeweler or manufacturer for specific care recommendations if in doubt.
Custom orders are a unique and personal choice. To initiate a custom order, a non-refundable 50% deposit is required. While we will make every effort to accommodate your preferences, once the custom order process has begun, we cannot offer refunds. We are committed to working closely with you to ensure your design closely aligns with your vision.
We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, as well as the right to issue a permanent ban if a customer's behavior is deemed detrimental to our store or our staff's well-being.
Tuesday- Saturday 11:00AM-5:00PM
*Store Hours are subject to change at any given moment. We suggest calling (203)614-8500 to assure someone is present at the time of your arrival.